Monday, October 15, 2007

Long time no blog

Chez Cook has been a household of lurgy of late so I haven't had much time to post.
Little M is off school today and whilst she's been busy painting in the living room, I've sneaked a canvas into the kitchen to work on.

This is it so far.
Its a continuation of the Murtoa Dreaming series and I am hoping to enter it for the Oxford Art Society Open Exhibition this week....(some late nights ahead me thinks).

I've been lucky enough to have work accepted by the Venus Gallery in Henley, and my canvases are alsoin the restaurant at the Jam Factory and will be in their November exhibition and auction.

My BIGGEST news however, is that I am off to New York at the end of this month to take part in an Exhibition in a gallery there. The opening night is November 1st and I am incredibly excited and a little bit scared at the same time. I guess its common to be filled with self-doubt when you know NY Times critics are going to be present, but I am consoling myself with the prospect of buying a new dress for the occasion. (How shallow am I?)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done on all your exhibitions, fantastic stuff…NY in particular should be very exciting. Hope you take lots of photos so we can see you living it up with the rich and famous :) “Murtoa Dreaming II” looks like it’s coming along very well, very bold with those acid yellow flowers. Hope you and Little M feel better soon. Take care.

natural attrill said...

Lovely greens.
Hope you're well again soon!
P.

Anonymous said...

I love Jewel of the Forest, it's beautiful. Good luck for the exhibition, Sue - hope that it goes really well for you, you deserve it!

Sal
x