Saturday, September 12, 2009

A place in the sun


I was in Crete this time last month. Beautiful long lazy sunny days and warm evenings. I promised the owners of the place we were staying - which was utterly fantastic by the way - the Hotel Aloi in Annisaras - that I would send a painting. And this is it. It isn't finished yet, school term has started so my painting hours have been somewhat curtailed. It is oil on canvas paper...since that can be rolled up easily and sent via airmail. It depicts the path through the gardens to the terrace, late in the afternoon when the sun was low and less fierce and really illuminated the trees.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks fantastic Susan, the lighting is superb…certainly looks very warm and relaxing there…makes me want to walk down that path for an Ouzo by the pool :)

SueC said...

Thank you. I certainly wish I was back there!

Lorna said...

Your pleasure shows in this very atmospheric painting.