Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Next.....

This is going to be my submission for the Eynsham Arts Group Exhibition which opens on the 21st November in the Bartholomew Rooms.


These boots are not quite finished...I need to refine the background ( I keep changing my mind) and the highlights on the patent leather need bringing up.
I have the most gorgeous gothic black swept frame to put these in, and all should be completed by tomorrow. I have decided to just enter one painting, and for the first time have pushed the boat out and had some limited edition giclee prints done of my other shoe paintings. I have never tried selling prints before so this should be quite a learning curve. I have also got some more fridge magnets made up - again of the shoes. Hopefully these will offer an interesting alternative to cards.
No news yet on the OXART competition - watch this space. All busy in the studio otherwise as I have been asked to submit paintings for a new gallery. Details to follow!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are looking stunning Susan…I’m looking forward to sitting in the Bartholomew Rooms to hear the comments they get ;)

Great painting, you’ve really captured the leather and lighting extremely well, looking forward to seeing them framed up :)

Good luck with the OXART competition and the new gallery…we all seem to be making some progress at the moment don’t we :)

JuliaB said...

So much excitement Sue!! The boots look FAB FAB FAB!!! and you haven't even finished it!!!??? wow. I shall make sure I pop along to the exhibition.

xx

SueC said...

Thank you. I am eagerly awaiting the postie with the frame!!