Friday, February 26, 2010

Flowers


I have made a start on a new work. This one has been inspired by Graham's 'Girl who read flowers'. I wanted to create the sense of burying your face in a mass of petals and fragrance and then opening your eyes.
I painted the background in gold paint first then free painted the flowers on top. Its by no means finished, I just wanted to get the petals in to begin with so I have been deliberately sloppy (more more than is usual for me lol) with the paint. Its quite big (45 x 60 cm). Now if only someone could invent floral fragranced paint eh?

2 comments:

Lorna said...

There will be something you can use for that somewhere!! LOL!

Unknown said...

Wow! That’s spectacular :) you don’t need fragranced paint to really feel like you’ve got your nose in those blooms :)…and not a cauliflower in sight ;)