Monday, March 17, 2008

Background


Some work on the background this morning. I think I am almost on the home stretch with this one. I have really enjoyed the exercise of painting in 2 colours...but I have some exotic flowers on the go with lots of bright vibrant colours which I'm looking forward to splashing around with later this week.

I am not convinced about the circles.....I am half tempted to paint them out again and blend the background with just a few bright highlighted spheres here and there. What do you think? C'mon you lurkers....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the shape of the white you’ve got outlining the figures echoes the silhouette of the figures themselves…and currently it doesn’t really sit with the spheres, so the background feels a little confusing. (In your Feb 27th post there was much less contrast, so this was less of an issue)…perhaps if more of the white bled out towards the edge of the canvas…or the contrast used in the background (you have black to white atm) was toned down…? Or maybe just little grey spheres cutting behind the figures…?

Might be worth trying adjusting a section to see if it works before painting out the whole background…?

Figures are looking stunning now though…very intense :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, I just came across your blog as I was curious to see if anyone was writing about their RA submissions:) I agree with Graham's comments, I feel this is a really powerful composition and it's been interesting to see the different stages.

SueC said...

Thanks Cathy......:-)