Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What a difference a scan makes....


This is a digitally remastered crop from a painting done some time ago. The original was in black and red...

Steve Taylor at Art Fusion did this for me and we are going to experiment with putting this image on different media. I would like to see this on a sheet of metal.

The whole idea of revisiting work using digital techniques opens up a mind-boggling number of possibilities and you'd be hard pressed to know when to stop. There are so many tools at your disposal these days, makes you wonder if the days of brush and canvas are numbered....

The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.
Aristotle

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks very funky and you’re right about the limitless possibilities of digital experimentations…It’ll be very interesting to see what it looks like printed onto metal too :)

That said, I think I’ll always just long for a nice studio where I can smear some paint around with my hands…it’s nice to feel what you’re doing rather than simply produce it from a computer…but that might just be because I’m old fashioned and hate using computers so much ;)

SueC said...

I am a very kinesthetic kind of gal so I know what you mean

natural attrill said...

Metal sounds exciting!
P.