Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Where does it all come from??

Just spent 2 hours clearing out the studio and once again I fill a large bin bag with detritus and petrified insects from a month in the studio.

My Plan.
I am on a mission to get another gallery to represent me, as well as get some more exhibitions. So, part of The Plan, is to get organised in my work space. I find it incredibly difficult to keep the studio (or myself for that matter) tidy when I'm in the middle of painting. I figure I make up for it by having the occasional blitz.A couple of weeks ago Lorna asked to see my sketchbook and I said I didn't have one....completely forgetting about this which has lain hidden. Its a book of all the 'paintlets' I've ever done. Some of them never made it into canvases and I spent a lovely hour going through all the hundreds of designs. I am going to revisit a few, especially for lino cuts. So Lorna...if you want a look see...let me know.

However, so much for clearing out all my tenants......2 spiders are back already!! They must like my taste in music...............

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does "detritus" mean?

and leave those spiders alone!!!! Spiders are our friends!

SueC said...

Don't worry...I am only smacking the insects that bite. The spiders are quite safe.

Lorna said...

I would love to see the paintlets!

I admire your productivity and drive. Looking at your show at the Emporium was aware of their power ... even at the far end of the building.

Adam said...

Eynsham is spider central. I'd never seen so many of the brutes till we moved in here. No idea why.

MissT said...

I agree about the spiders.

Do you want a gallery for your 'flowers' work or the exciting new directions you seem to be going in with your diamond and circles painting? It would be awful to be trapped into churning out more flowers if that wasn't what you wanted to do.

I suggest we take a trip to Stowe - there's at least one really interesting gallery there.

Unknown said...

Is that the “Vibrant” gallery in Stow you’re thinking of Lucy? They do have lots of strong, modern work, so it would be a perfect place to show your work Sue :) Nice to see the studio looking so tidy…I made load of mess flicking paint around at home the other day…will have to find somewhere else to paint if I’m going to keep doing that…