Thursday, June 28, 2007

Something old, something new. (with updates)

Its late. I am in the studio with music full blast, hot coffee and the company of at least 3 daddy long-legs.

Last week I unearthed an old photo of a garden in Bermuda I had taken. (I used to have a proper job you know - suits and everything). It was such a massive clash of colour of all these exotic tropical flowers. I wanted to convey that riot of colour and develop the style I'd used with the diamond painting. This is the result. The lateness of the hour is because I need to finish it by Saturday so it can go into an exhibition next week.

More work is clearly waiting me so I'll go. Guess I am just keeping myself company on here.



3. am: Time for another coffee, and here is where I am now.

Waiting literally for paint to dry before I can continue. I am really enjoying painting this. I love the flow and colour. Its a departure from my tulips but its pushing my buttons so I'm happy.

Only one thing to do....muck about with the camera.


5. am: I didn't even notice the sun come up. Have got really into this I can't believe the time. I don't want to go to bed. Whats on the canvas is starting to resemble the picture in my head.


5.48 am: Do I enough white to last????

4 comments:

Lorna said...

Gosh ... this stopped me dead in my tracks!

SueC said...

Ooh er...is that good or bad??

Lorna said...

I don't know yet ...
It intrigues me!
Thanks for the studio invite. I do not know where you live as I always meet you at the centre of the universe ...

natural attrill said...

I like the top 2 pics on this post of your painting, I love the loosness of the unfinished pieces and the white/pale colours.
Penny.
x