Saturday, April 12, 2008

First painting for April


This one is destined for Artweeks exhibition. I wanted to portray fabric using paint....and gold leaf.
Every now and then I like departing from my usual compositions and style just to experiment with something new. Works like spring cleaning in your head.
I really love this time of year. The light is better. People are happier. And the cricket season and long sunny weekends are just around the corner.

I have gone and done it now by mentioning cricket which probably means it will rain constantly throughout May.....hey ho.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This has a very Japanese feel to it Sue…I like the ‘harmony’ you’ve got in the colours and the background has a Japanese paper/papyrus feel. Hope your knee is getting better and you’re finding some studio time. See you in the pub for a drink soon :)