Monday, May 12, 2008

Study in Red

I mentioned earlier that I had been working a lot in red lately.

This was for a sizeable commission for an Oxford client and the brief was to put some zing (and red) into the room. The design is based on a diamond painting I did last year. Slightly cubist in style and making full use of colour and juxtaposition of shapes. I had 4 huge canvases to work with. Two are 3 x 4 feet, one 2 x 5 feet and one 2 x 3 feet. My client has kindly allowed me to show you what they look like in situ. Its one thing to see photos of canvases, and quite another to see them in context, so its a rare treat for me to be able to share. I hope you enjoy.


4 comments:

Lorna said...

Darling! ... the paintings are fab! The sofas are classy ... but I would tip coffee on them. Your client has taste.

Unknown said...

I love the depth you got into these Sue, you could look into them for hours and they truly look stunning in situ, really working well with the other elements in the room. An excellent collection...:)

SueC said...

Thank you both. Sometimes you can lose sight of what the original vision was about when painting for commissions, especially those that are specifically for interior design, so it was really marvellous to actually get to 'hang' these monsters.

natural attrill said...

Wow! your paintings look fantastic in that place.
P.