Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Once more the exhibitionist


I was lucky (?) enough to be asked to be chairman for the Eynsham Arts Group a little while ago. This hugely popular artists' club has been going strong since 1970 and I "think" I am the first girl to go in the chair.
Anyway, as part of my responsibilities I spent this morning straightening paintings and listing whos' who and what's what in advance of the opening which coincides with the annual village carnival this Saturday. The carnival itself is something of a village institution and I for one am looking forward to the racing pigs (amongst other acts) this year (pics to follow).
As for the exhibition, the standard and diversity of work is impressive and we are lucky to have a permanant exhibition space in the Bartholomew Rooms. Here is a snapshot. I hope to take some more pics on the day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That’s a very nice group of your pictures in the corner, I love seeing collections of peoples work together, you can form connections that you don’t see when you view paintings individually…I’m hoping things aren’t ‘too’ busy on Saturday so I can sit and look at those for a while :)…Perhaps we could have an exhibition where people put in two, contrasting pictures…might not make for a catchy poster/hook for viewers, but could be an idea to play with?....or maybe I’ve had too many G&T’s ;)

SueC said...

Thank you Mt Gin. Actually when haning this time around we did make a concious effort to keep people's work together so they made some kind of coherent sense...not always easy