Monday, December 29, 2008

Art wines


Working small for a change, I have decided to try my luck at the Oxford Wine Company Art wines competition. The call for entry is to design a wine label for a new wine. The competition is run also by Oxfordshire Artweeks which is a huge creative event which takes place every May.
This little acrylic painting started life as a sample for a commission. I have dozens tucked away in the studio and I have just spent a fruitful few hours revisiting them. I have chosen this one because a)it has all my favourite colours in, b) it was the right size and c) it had a gourmet theme and d) there are strong design elements in it. Some of you may recognise the composition as its based on work by the cubist George Braque.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can see this working very well on a wine bottle, it would be very striking on the shelf…fingers crossed :)

natural attrill said...

Lovely work as usual.
Happy New Year Sue!
Penny.