Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm back...and with lots of news


Hello again

I'm back from my fancy living week in the South of France. Fantastic place and HUGE thanks to Catherine Skiba of myartspace.com who was our very generous, thoughtful and extremely busy hostess!

Since blogging last I've been on a dream trip to France, made some new artist friends, and appeared on the telly! I've certainly got lots to add to this blog over the next few days....but term time is approaching and James needs new school uniform so I am going to be organised and sensible (for once) and post a bit each day for the next few days ....there are lots of photos and a couple of movie clips to come.

Heres some pictures to get us started.



This is the villa where we stayed.
Its in St Paul de Vence which has to be one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

Olive trees, cypresses, the scent of thyme, lavender and marjoram in the air, and a cool deep refreshing pool to dip into when the heat got too much. Heaven.










And what could be nicer than dining al fresco?
Catherine cooked us the most divine meal which we ate outside accompanied by the crickets chirruping and the glasses chinking.




But what struck me most that evening was the absolute quietness when we had all retired. We live on the flight path to Brize Norton and VC10s and other aircraft I know nothing about pass over our roof on a regular basis. Such quietness is hard to come by in my neck of the woods.

No comments: