Friday, August 04, 2006

Latest work




Its been a long time since I started these, but I have finally got around to adding them to my website, where you can find further details.

I am particularly fond of the Orange Poppies...they look so good in my studio I really will miss them when they go.

Also the Poppyfield.....now there is a story behind this one, but I'll save it for another day.

The Calla Lilies was one of my prize winning entries and The Leaves one of the hardest to paint, especially in this hot weather. The paint dries so quickly and every insect on Oxfordshire seemed hell bet on kamikaze dives into the damp canvas. I finished it with a real sense of triumph over nature!

The Purple Tulip was a huge commission which I could only complete on bright sunny days as any difference in light made the purple a subtly different shade and impossible to match. I am very pleased with the result.


No comments: