Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Time to reveal what the big red is about.

The original design was inspired by a calendar featuring aboriginal art. I am endlessly fascinated by dreamtime stories and thought I might paint a dreamtime of my own.

So I am going to add geckos to this peice.

The Gecko (Murtoa) is a small adaptable lizard, with the ability to camouflage itself to suit its varying surroundings. Should a Gecko lose its tail in a fight or an attack, it can regrow its tail. Although it is only a small lizerd, the Gecko can survive in very harsh conditions. All these attributes contribute to the Geckos survival.

Murtoa (Gecko) Dreaming represents adaptability, regeneration, strength and survival. Its lesson to us, is to make the best of a situation. In order to survive, one needs to be able to adapt, regenerate strength and go on, like the Gecko.

Idon't have my camera at the moment, but I'll update with a picture as soon as I can.

No comments: