Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Good causes

Unfortunately, my shadow people were not accepted for the Churchill Cancer Centre. Considering the overwhelming number of entries, the odds were never going to be huge. Still, I am really pleased with the work and might treat myself to getting it framed properly in the covered market.

If I can't do my bit by painting, I am doing my bit by running however.

I am doing the Race For Life this year in memory of Pamela Cook, my mother-in-law, who lost her battle against cancer 10 years ago. Cancer has been quite rife in my family and this is the first time I have finally decided to actually 'do' something.

I have given myself a target of £500 to raise which is why I am asking for sponsors so early. If you feel you could spare a couple of quid, please visit my sponsor page here:

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/suecook1

Events like Race for Life are an important way in which Cancer Research UK is able to fund its life-saving work into preventing, diagnosing and treating cancer. By sponsoring me now you could help more people survive cancer.

Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to sponsor me - Cancer Research UK will receive your money faster and, if you are a UK taxpayer, at least an extra 25% in tax will be added to your gift at no cost to you when you tick the Gift Aid box.

So please sponsor me now!

Many thanks for your support - together we will beat cancer.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very sorry to hear your ‘Shadow People’ didn’t get in…their loss, it’s a lovely painting :) Am SO pleased you’re entering the Race for Life…a wonderful institution and a very worthwhile cause…If I was a woman…or a Rev, I’d enter it myself :) Good luck :)