Thursday, February 07, 2008

Projects

January...and now February, have been unusually busy months for me. January saw the Open exhibition at the Modern Art Museum in Oxford.

This is also the time of year when work for the 2008 Artweeks needs to be planned. This year I am exhibiting alongside photographer Karen Foster at the Eynsham Emporium.
I really urge you to take a look at Karen's work.
As well as Artweeks, which kicks off in May, there is of course the RA Summer Exhibition. At least I've made a 'sort of' start on that, but have some more ideas in the pipeline.

Of course there are the commissions...and the latest one I will be sharing here. It is for 4 abstracts in a predominateley red and modern theme to match decor.
These are the paintlets for the project so far....

This is a 36 x 48" landscape:

This is a diptych, one panel 24 x 36" and the other 24 x 60"



And this is a 36 x 48" vertical



They are all inspired from the diamond painting I did last year.....

Some of these canvases are so large, I am going to need to modify my easel tp take them. For instance, the two canvases in the diptych need to be painted alongside each other. I feel a trip to the local DIY shop coming on......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a busy bee :) I’d better stop doing housework and get on with something painterly :) I really like your paintlets, very striking :)