Friday, March 06, 2009

More shoes....in progress


This is number 3. Unfinished as I need the paint to dry so I can paint in the laces. I suspect the owner of these picked them in part for their tartan linings! (mutter mutter). LOL.

I want to paint portraits of shoes rather than people and build up a series for a gallery. I think favourite shoes can say a lot about a person....the shoes themselves and also the ones that are picked. If you would like your favourite pair painted and included please let me know...I am on the look out for the interesting and the quirky :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are looking great Susan...I thought you’d be pleased when you saw the linings lol…I think this is a wonderful idea for an exhibition, a really unique way of capturing people…I can imagine a collection of all these shoe paintings looking really stunning when shown together…am looking forward to seeing that :)

Lorna said...

Great stuff ... glad i can not smell them.